Wednesday, June 21, 2006

You've got to be kidding me!

From MSNBC:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13452919/

Send in the clowns to boost IVF success
Humor appears to improve rates of fertility treatments

Are you freaking kidding me? Clowns?!?!?! I'm glad it worked for those ladies, but this is just going to spurn more people to assume (ASSume) that IF is caused by stress and that if we'd just relax and stop trying so hard that we'd be pregnant already. Whatever!

On a totally separate note, my mom calls me today to tell me that she checked with her hematologist and turns out she has both Protein C deficiency and Protein S deficiency. Wow, can't say for sure, but I've got to think that having both of these is pretty darn rare. I had a whole bunch of blood taken today to screen for clotting disorders as well as other stuff. I hope to get the results back in the next few weeks. They took about 12-14 vials of blood today and I nearly fainted when they were done. At least the phlebotomist was good and quick.

No comments: