Saturday, July 29, 2006

Happy Anniversary to us!

Today is our 6th wedding anniversary, hard to believe it's been that long already.

We went out for a bike ride this morning as a family. Hubby & not-so-wee one on the mountain bike and me on my new cruiser. What a great time! We stopped at the local U-pick berry farm to pick some strawberries, but they didn't survive the ride home very well. Most of them fell out of the box and into the mesh basket. The weight of them pushed the bottom ones thru the mesh and we ended up with half strawberries and half of them as strawberry puree! Oh well, it was worth it for the fun. n-s-wee one kept commenting that we were doing it "as a family!" Very sweet.

So, my best friend in the entire world (save for Hubby) is about 26 weeks pregnant with monoamniotic identical twin girls. Monoamniotic means they are in the same amniotic sac and therefore are at high risk for cord entanglement accidents. She has been in the hospital on strict bedrest for a few weeks now and will be until the girls are delivered - 32 weeks at the latest. It's killing me that I can't fly down there today to be with her and help her thru this tough time. I've got my IVF coming up and need to be here for all the monitoring so it's just not possible. I can't wait to meet her little girls, she's going to be such a great mommy!!

No comments: