Monday, September 04, 2006

Laughing too hard to be embarrassed

Background: Until about a week ago, I drove a Silver Honda Pilot. I recently traded in the 03 model at the end of a lease and bought an 06 model in a different color.

I was at Costco this weekend picking up a 6' folding table and some chairs for our neighborhood BBQ. I got everything loaded up onto one of the flat carts and carefully navigated my way thru the parking lot and headed to the car. Trying to keep from steering the unwieldy table into other people or cars, I pull out the key and press the button to unlock it. I get the cart to stop rolling at the back of the car and open up the back hatch - and there are golf clubs in the back of my car! We don't own golf clubs and I'm trying to figure out why my husband put someone's golf clubs in the back of my car when I hear a man's voice say, "Um, this is my car."

I look up to realize that I had opened up the back hatch on a silver Pilot. Remember, I no longer own a silver Pilot. I look to my right and THERE is my grey Pilot. Right next to some guys silver Pilot. I'm laughing while I apologize and explain to this nice man that I'm not trying to steal his car, that my new one is right next to it, that I just traded in the silver one and that I'm obviously still looking for a silver Pilot in parking lots. He seemed to understand, but probably just thought I was a strange woman. Heck, I'm not even blonde. (well, not on the outside anyway).


Almost done with birth control pills, looking forward to my suppression check on Thursday. Hoping to see that the cyst is gone. I'm trying to follow the TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) diet to reduce dampness to help the cyst go away. This means cutting out as much dairy, sweets, wheat, eggs as possible. Man, this is not an easy diet, but all worth it if the cyst is gone.


My best friend in the entire world is pregnant with monoamniotic identical twin girls. She's been in the hospital on bed rest for about 6-7 weeks now and tomorrow, Tuesday, September 5 is the big day. She will deliver the girls by scheduled c-section and Regan is going to be a MOMMY!!!!! Congratulations girlfriend, I'm unbelievably happy for you. You made it!

1 comment:

Alli and Frankie said...

LOL! I have done something similar to that, so I feel your pain.

Congrats to your g/f! That's amazing. I'll bet she will be so happy to be able to be off of bed rest, too!