Monday, August 28, 2006

The IVF is a go!

After nearly 7 months, 1 failed IUI, 1 surprise pregnancy, 1 crushing miscarriage, and one stubborn cyst - I am doing my IVF cycle!!!

Today was my cd2 (cycle day 2) monitoring. I have 10 antral follicles (beginnings of follicles) which is very good for someone with highFSH. I still have one stubborn cyst, but it's getting smaller and isn't producing estrogen. My E2 (estrogen) level is 40, my FSH is 16.9. The FSH has gone up a bit since it was last measured in January. I guess I have to stop fooling myself that I am somehow NOT in diminished ovarian reserve status. Today's FSH confirms that I am. How weird to be only 33 and running out of eggs.

Anyway, I'm going to focus on my antral count and hope that the bcp (birth control pills) do a good job of shrinking the cyst with out over-suppressing the ovaries. Only time will tell I guess.

4 comments:

Alli and Frankie said...

WOW! That's great that you are a "go" for the IVF. Hopefully, the first time will be a charm! :)

seattlegal said...

Yay! I'm happy you have been given the o.k. to start the IVF process. I hope and pray that this works for you!

Nickie said...

thanks ladies! I hope it works too. I'm so torn between being confident it's going to work and scared that it might not.

Anonymous said...

My prayers and best thoughts are with you, my dear. I always wanted to be a cheerleader and now I can be! Love, Mom A