Thursday, October 26, 2006

The drugs are on their way, almost.

After working out details with the insurance company on reimbursement, I have officially ordered the drugs for this cycle. I've got most of the stuff I need from last cycle still, but need to get the big guns replaced. I'm doing Gonal=F again, but this time I had them call in an order for only the 300IU pens (vs. the 900IU pens from last time) it will mean more than one needle poke for each dose, but who cares. Each pen is overfilled slightly to ensure that you get at least the full amount and the overfill is about 50-75IU for each pen. That means that for every 4th 300IU pen, I essentially get a free pen. Considering the pens cost about $200 each, that's a lot of free drugs. So, I have 9 of those suckers on the way with a refill for 9 more if I need them. Ka-ching!

I went to visit my friend Kathy last night and bring them dinner. This is the friend who just had baby #2 a week or so ago and who's son is NSWO's best friend. NSWO was having quite a 3yr old day yesterday and trying my last nerve. It got to the point where I was thinking to myself, "do I really want a 2nd one?". But holding the little baby last night reminded me that yes, I do. Even with how hard it's going to be having more than one, I really DO want it. She is sooo tiny. And quiet. And soft. I got to hold her a lot and even changed a diaper and fed her a bottle. She's having a little trouble keeping weight on and isn't latching on yet, so Kathy is pumping and bottlefeeding the breastmilk. Oy, that's a lot of work. I'd forgotten just how tiny those newborn diapers are, unbelievable. NSWO was 8lbs 8oz at birth, so I never got to hold one so tiny and it was just magical. I was worried that it would be hard on me since I should be about 33-34 wks pg right now and Kathy and I would be pg with little girls together who could grow up to be best friends just like our sons. I was happily surprised that it wasn't hard at all, it was nothing but joyful for me. I can't wait until I get to go visit again.

1 comment:

BigP's Heather said...

I'm so glad it was a good experience! Holding someone else's baby can so go either way...

Also, I can't Thank you enough! Your brilliant observation on my blog was awesome! I definitely didn't think of it and it was just what I needed to hear! You ROCK! That is so what my plan was going to be (until life happened)...