Monday, October 02, 2006

This must be what quicksand is like.

Today is 18 days since my cycle was cancelled. This is the 37th day of this cycle. My last 2 cycles have been 43 days long and they only ended because we tried to 'trigger' the cysts with an injection of hCG. Now, I'm stuck again. Heck, even my acupuncturist said I have/had a 'liver-lung block'. This is basically stuck chi. The chi travels thru the body, ending in the liver and starting the cycle again in the lung. My chi is stuck in the liver and can't get going to the lungs again. Just like my cycle - stuck.

I have my follow-up appointment with the RE tomorrow afternoon. We'll talk about that attempt at an IVF cycle. How I did/didn't respond (mostly didn't) to the meds, the cysts, what to do next time. I'm going to ask them about the best way to get my cycle to get going again. I expect they'll say trigger again which is fine with me. The trigger worked in about 10 days and the alternative (Provera) usually takes 11-15 days. I'd like to get going sooner rather than later. I'm also going to ask about taking Letrozole (brand-name Femara) with the next cycle. I think that these cysts are partially caused because I'm not ovulating right. I haven't ovulated since I got pregnant in March. I am hoping that if I can ensure a 'normal' ovulation that my body will have a 'normal' luteal phase and be able to get rid of the cysts for good. I guess it depends on whether or not the RE thinks the Letrozole will run too much risk for further cysts. Who knows, maybe we'll try an IUI with it too, just for shits and giggles. Hey, it might work? Yeah, I'm not buying that either.

On a separate note, I need to post a pic of NSWO on his first day of preschool - he's too cute! Just need to get around to getting the poor pics off the camera!

1 comment:

BigP's Heather said...

Hope the appointment goes well.