Friday, October 20, 2006

I'm not totally broken afterall!

I got a positive OPK (ovulation predictor test) today. Normally, this would be a fairly routine happening for a woman TTC, but for me, this is BIG NEWS! I haven't seen one of these things go ++ all year. Seriously, in January, I did the CCCT (clomiphene citrate challenge test) and we did a trigger shot with that cycle for the IUI so, technically, the +OPK was from the trigger shot, not a naturally occurring surge in LH (lutienizing hormone - causes the egg to go thru final maturation and release from the follicle). Even the cycle in March when I got pregnant, I didn't see a +OPK, although obviously, I did ovulate since I got pregnant.

So, it's been nearly a year since I've had a +OPK so today is reason to celebrate!! I'm temping, so I'll need to wait a few days to confirm that ovulation did, in fact, take place. It's totally possible to get an LH surge, but not actually release an egg, but I'm confident that my body is finally back to 'normal'. We'll try to catch this egg, but not holding our breath. Mostly, I'm excited because my hormones seem to be working better and I'm hopeful that my cysts will have finally resolved themselves so I can get a clear baseline u/s for IVF next month. Please, oh please, oh please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great news that your hormones seem to be working better! I really do hope the cysts are gone!